Sunday, May 11, 2008

Matilda and her family

A black snake (or one of her descendants) has lived under the back patio for a long, long time. Mostly she has kept to herself .......

With all the contstruction going on, Matilda decided it was time to move last weekend. In through the washer vent and out into the laundry room.

As no one was ready for another housemate, Jim relocated her out to the grasses near the neighbor's corn crib. She seemed happy enough, and everything was quiet until...

5-9-08

Matilda’s partner appeared on the scene today. The workmen kept seeing it peer over the wall and finally the long black snake crawled out into the open and caused the carpenter to feel rather creepy when it began to crawl onto his ladder….about 10:30 am I heard a knock on the laundry door and the Amish workman asked “may I kill the snake?” I said yes, please do. He attacked it with a digging iron as it slithered along the foundation and then buried it right there along the foundation of the new addition. My sincere hope is that will end the appearances of black snakes. I still haven’t made a trip to the basement, somewhat fearful that I may find another of their kind….

No comments: